Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are these air shocks

Trying to gain knowlege on what these are and what parts to get for them

12.5" eye to eye with no adjusters. Lines for them have a built in sensor but not for my 82 850g..

Fat body is 2.725"
    Shaft is 1.415"

Looks to have 3.5 inches of travel.. Maybe less

Pic to follow..

Originally posted by 08rangerdan View Post
    What are these air shocks?
    My best guess would be "junk"

I would get a set of conventional shocks, lots of downsides to air shocks in my opinion (leakage, inconsistent due to temperature changes etc).

Most likely going to need seals & new oil.

1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Well they were fine just pulled the lines and oil was clean and no leaks whatsoever. I just need new shock end bushings .. Only thing i can find is progressive suspension air shocks

Comment

Do a search on the MDI shocks which are a cheap replacement shock. The bushes in those are junk so there are a few threads here about fitting better quality alternatives.

Works Performance probably stock bushings that might fit...
        1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I would guess Yamaha, Seca series.

Kenny

Comment

Update on my shock scenario. Still need help ..
            I have the lower bushings but still need to locate top end bushings

Originally posted by 08rangerdan View Post
            Im kind of in a pickle.. I need to really know what these air shocks are from.. Ive been doing alot of digging on them lately. My best guess is that these may be from an old 'interstate' air ride Honda goldwing. Give me some opinions on my discovery.. I need to know what i should put in them for oil and how much oil.. and i also need upper bushings..

Ive read that a common practice for the goldwing air ride was to use about 350ml of ATF for fluid per unit.. Does this sound acceptable?

Heres my shock and lines. The lines attach to a valve junction which also incorporates a pressure sensor/switch. The head of the shock tells me a similar description of the air ride suspension used on early to mid 80s goldwings, 1000-1200cc models. Not sure if it would be an oem accessory or aftetmarket but the name 'interstate' pops up frequently when I see a similar shock design pop up from a source.

Heres one source i pulled up on ebay with a similar model shock with some identifying labeling. Can anyone be certain and pinpoint a make or model of this shock i have??

32/08rangerdan/20130916_162319_zpse37ff6e0.jpg[/IMG]
            Last edited by Guest; 09-17-2013, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X