Mags to Spokes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mags to Spokes

Hello all...this is my first post, so here goes. I have a 1980 gs750e with mags and want to put spoke wheels on. Is there any wheel that will bolt right on, such as a 78 750,or a 77 750, or whatever... any help here would be greatly appreciated !

Why??????????????????? Never had a mag wheel break, many a spokes though.

Comment

Earlier 750 wheels will work fine

Comment

thanks overboostin...... I just think spokes look better

Comment

Originally posted by rayban View Post
          thanks overboostin...... I just think spokes look better
          Me too! Especially when they're kept nice & clean, so they gleam a bit as the wheel rotates.
          and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
          __________________________________________________ ______________________
          2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Spokes are the bee's knees the quintessence of motorcycleositry.

Comment

Spokes mean tubed tires and I'll pass on those all day long-
              Bust a tube at highway speeds and your not going to end well- a tubeless will leak down slow enough to get off the road. My experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Badooka View Post
                Bust a tube at highway speeds and your not going to end well- a tubeless will leak down slow enough to get off the road. My experience.
                Wah wah. They can both go flat slowly or very fast.
                If you are afraid to ride you shoudn't ride on any wheels.
                Spokes are great. Lighter weight, looks like a motorcycle should look.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I have done this to my GS550E, I used GT550 wheels. Front bolted straight on and even accommodated a second disk.

The rear had top be converted from a disk to a drum. I needed to make up some spacers and weld a bracket underneath for the torsion arm.

I agree, I think they look better.

Wheels, tubes, tyres and other bits and bobs, total cost £200!

The spacer between the rear hub and the sprocket carrier needs to be milled down too by 10mm on the edge that goes through the carrier and the wider edge. You will know what I mean when you come to do it.

PM me if you want more pix on this.[IMG]www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152087537014782&set=a.10151172940 159782.545052.788544781&type=1&theater[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                    Wah wah. They can both go flat slowly or very fast.
                    If you are afraid to ride you shoudn't ride on any wheels.
                    Spokes are great. Lighter weight, looks like a motorcycle should look.
                    Don't try and call me weak, moron-
                    I said it was my experience- spoke wheels will deflate immediately- a mag rim is sealed or maybe that's beyond your comprehension.
                    Yeah you can add a baseball card to the spokes, a slide bell and a basket with a flower on it too- looks nice as well.
                    Last edited by Guest; 07-07-2013, 10:12 AM.

Comment

You sound like a special case- so I'll type slow-

Comment

I have had sevearal tubeless tires blow out instantly. You are full of it no matter how slowly you type.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Yeah I'm full of it- you have an axe to grind with me and that's fine- grind away -
                          Fact is a tube is inferior to a modern day tubeless tire- jets, cars or . No. High speed is done better tubeless
                          Last edited by Guest; 07-07-2013, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Never- some know and some pretend to know- I'm not the latter.

Comment

huh, 6 second drag cars use tubes.

Comment

Working...
                              X