Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I disassemble front master cylinder on 84 GS550L

Hey guys,
    My front brake lever has no pressure. I replaced the brake fluid and tried bleeding the brake, but no fluid gets pushed out.

So I want to take apart the master cylinder, and clean it up, and replace the innards with a rebuild kit if necessary.

The MC is off the bike. I want to remove the piston, but I am unsure of how to get the dust cover off the piston. Do I just grip it with sone needle nose pliers and pull untill it breaks away (and risk tearing it)?

Or should I just tear it and replace it anyway.

Just wondering if there is a tip or trick to getting the piston and spring out?

Thanks
    Antlese

They usually are sealed against the bore from heating up over the years and the rubber is stuck good...will almost always tear.

Need some real long pins on the split ring pliers to reach down in and remove the circlip.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

IIRC the process is in the manual.

Comment

Working...
      X