GSXR front to GS frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSXR front to GS frame

I want to mount a 1985 GSXR750G complete front end and rear wheel to my 1980 GS750E frame(and swingarm). Can anyone tell me if this front end is a direct bolt on, and will this rear wheel (GSXR) bolt on to my stock swing arm, or would the GSXR swing arm and wheel bolt on to my GS frame? Any info would be appreciated!!!

The front end will bolt on with the usual Caveats.... Steerer stops, gauge mounts, steering lock etc.

Very much doubt the rear will fit in that swingarm. You probably need to go for a GS1100 swingarm an offset front sprocket, custom brake arm & hanger &/or weld a stop to the bottom of the GS1100 swinger to use the GSXR setup.
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

those forks are short, but can be made to work if you raise the rear up about 1" when you do the mono shock conversion. Without the lift you will looses about 1.1" of belly ground clearance and only 0.6" raising the rear.

You are going to have a hard time mixing anything with those also because the Slabbies are not that common and the 750 and 1100 are different also (brakes, calipers, rotors).

Comment

I'd recommend looking around in here for people who have your same bike in the Project/Rebuild section of the forum. It will give you TONS of ideas whether you want to go big or small. Let the guys on here do the beta testing on their projects, once you know it works do it to your bike haha. Makes for a lot less headache and will likely save you a ton of cash not having to do the trial and error thing. PS your bike you posted in my thread is a clean build!

Comment

Working...
        X