No announcement yet.

Thinking about shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hagons are good, Ikons are better, they will both sell you too stiff springs if you let them.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I have had a number of sets of Progressives on the old bikes, but after the YSS I won't be using Progressive again.
      Last edited by gsgeezer; 08-06-2013, 10:08 PM.

1979 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by boingk View Post
        Automatic is generally something akin to rising rate. The more it gets hammered the less forgiving the response.

Think corn flour and water mix and you've got the picture.

- boingk
        Now there's a piece of information. The rising rate is something I'm looking to avoid. It's why I'm also looking at Racetech emulators.

Originally posted by gsgeezer View Post
        I have had a number of sets of Progressives on the old bikes, but after the YSS I won't be using Progressive again.
        What about the YSS do you prefer over Progressives?
        Dogma
        --
        O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
        '80 GS850 GLT
        '80 GS1000 GT
        '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

I really don't have anything against Progressive. The quality is fine. I think they are pretty expensive rear shocks for what you get. I have had a number of sets.

I only have bought the one set from YSS, but the quality and customer service is great.

After my onlilne order, they called me to make sure of what I wanted. Like other custom built suspension companies, they get your weight with gear on, the bikes weight, your riding style, etc. and build a rear shock according to your individual needs. (Like Icon).

(Racetech and Sonic do this when you buy the front springs.)

1979 GS1000

Comment

If anybody needs some 412's:

1979 GS1000

Comment

Working...
            X