82 650L brake upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 650L brake upgrade

I hate to ask but I didnt get the hose that goes from the master cylinder to the 2 hoses when I got the front end off a 79 gs 1000. Didn't look to see if the splitter from 1 hose into 2 hoses was seperate from the hose that goes to the mastercylinder or built into it. I thought it was built into it. I need to run 2 hoses is the little splitter the only way or is there another way? I was also wondering if my master cylinder would work or will I have to upgrade it? The one on the bike I got parts from was broken. I think I can still get the splitter if its seperate from the hose. I could use any help with this . I just am wanting as little down time as possible. This way I can get the parts and have it all ready.

Replace the whole works with two full length stainless steel hoses from the MC to the calipers. Don't even screw around with thirty some year old brake lines, locked brakes are a bitch.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I was going to replace them but wasnt sure if I needed something for 2 lines to go into 1, I'm not sure what you would call it so I'm guessing a splitter? I'm not sure what you mean, can I just use a longer banjo bolt and hook both lines at the master cylinder?Sorry I never thought about doing stuff like this and have limitive knowledge. I'm sure its a stupid question but haven't found any answers searching.Yes I did try to search for answers. Thanks for quick responce.

Comment

ok, searched some more and found the double banjo bolt on ebay. ordered it and a another hose. Does anyone know how to tell what the front end came off of as gl, g ,e??? I can post a picture if it would help. Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X