MDI shocks vs Progressive 12 series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MDI shocks vs Progressive 12 series

It's time for new shocks & springs. I know you get what you pay for but objectively what are the differences between these brands?

Just to help with the opinions. I ride a 450L, no passengers and weigh all of 110 with all my gear. Most of my riding is on back roads, no highways.

Progressive ride like nice modern shock absorbers. As do Hagon, Ikon, and especially the more expensive ones like Ohlins. Big bucks there, but worth it if you have it.
    MDI is a bag of bricks. With cheap fittings. You will finish every ride cussing because you were so cheap and now your ass is paying for it.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

You don't want MDI's; the springs are too stiff. Get Progressives or Hagons because Ikons are great but expensive and hard to source.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
        Progressive ride like nice modern shock absorbers. As do Hagon, Ikon, and especially the more expensive ones like Ohlins. Big bucks there, but worth it if you have it.
        MDI is a bag of bricks. With cheap fittings. You will finish every ride cussing because you were so cheap and now your ass is paying for it.
        Too true. Don't waste money on them unless you absolutely have to have something.
        Dogma
        --
        O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
        '80 GS850 GLT
        '80 GS1000 GT
        '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Thanks Guys! I like the bag of bricks comment .

Comment

Progressives are now ordered and should be here by the end of the week.

Comment

Probably a good choice. Those MDI shocks are tempting at $80 new, but they are disappointing when riding. I made the mistake of buying a set a few years back for an 1100G.

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                Probably a good choice. Those MDI shocks are tempting at $80 new, but they are disappointing when riding. I made the mistake of buying a set a few years back for an 1100G.
                You just nailed what the temptation was.

Comment

Working...
                X