I need a shock preload spanner IKON 7610

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a shock preload spanner IKON 7610

Anybody have a recommendation for a tool/brand?
    1979 GS 1000

Not sure if there is anything specific about IKON shoks, but a pair of 10" Channel-loc pliers works well on stock shocks.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

BFH and an aluminium drift
      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

I WOULD like to not screw up my pretty IKON shocks! Channel locks and BF hammers and aluminum alloy together make me nervous! I guess I'll give them a try, GENTLY!
        1979 GS 1000

Comment

Go into your local shop and see if they have any shock spanners. I'm sure you'll find something that works. If not, you can always order from Motorcycle Superstore. They carry Motion Pro, Bikemaster, and other brands.

Have you tried to contact an IKON distributor to see if they can get you a wrench? They come with the shocks when you buy them new.

'83 GS650G
          '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Good thought on contacting IKON. I had ordered a wrench online, it was useless, they sent me a different, useless one, haggling on returning that one now. Not too many local shops, especially ones that are open when I'm not working. It seems like the kind of thing I should have accumulated over the years!
            1979 GS 1000

Comment

Working...
            X