What brand shocks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What brand shocks?

I have these rear shocks on my bike. Oil/gas adjustable. It says SU3021 on them. Can anybody tell me what they are?
    I found an oil leak on one of them, do you think its worth restoring or time to get a new pair of shocks?

Picture: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...4&d=1378240811

Originally posted by Krogare View Post
    I have these rear shocks on my bike. Oil/gas adjustable. It says SU3021 on them. Can anybody tell me what they are?
    I found an oil leak on one of them, do you think its worth restoring or time to get a new pair of shocks?

Picture: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...4&d=1378240811
    Probably Ohlins; Nice shocks

Comment

Sweet if they are Öhlins.. Still cant find anything on google on that particular number. I guess I ought to take them apart to see what needs be replaced to stop that leak. One more item going on this winters to-do list What pressure N2 do you put in these things?

Comment

This was the closest I could find...

Comment

The top of the reservoir looks to be the same as these Ohlins.
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

If it's red it comes from Italy
            Maybe some old Bitubo shocks?
            You might enquire here: http://www.bitubo.com/assistenza_stato.php
            sigpicJohn Kat
            My bikes: CB 77, GS 1000 ST Cafe Racer with GSXR 1052 engine, GS 1000 ST, XR 41 Replica with GS 1085 engine,
            GS 1100 SZ Katana with GS 1135 EFF engine, KTM Superduke 1290 R 2020

Comment

They do look quite a bit like those ones re the top part Steve. Seems they might be old Öhlins.

If its red its colormatched to the rest of the bike, at least for this specimen PO painted it red, put on red foam grips, painted the dark grey (or black?) part of the rims red and fitted red Shoei saddle bags...

I live in Sweden, home of the Öhlin shocks. I'll contact them and ask if they ever produced a su3021 model.

I looked on the bitubo homepage but model nos starting with su I did not find. They only seem to have one and the same example picture for all the models also so that was not of much help.

Thanks for the input
              Last edited by Guest; 09-06-2013, 05:53 PM. Reason: Autocorrects strange ideas regarding spelling

Comment

I wonder...does the SU stand for Suzuki...or possibly Suomi?

What does it say on that black sticker?
                '83 GS650G
                '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
                  I wonder...does the SU stand for Suzuki...or possibly Suomi?

What does it say on that black sticker?
                  SU is the legacy prefix used by Ohlins.

Comment

Yep - pretty sure they're the older style Ohlins. Like the ones on my Kat;

I can get a close up photo if you need one - let me know.

Comment

The black sticker says Baja Grips USA which had me confused for a while until I understood that a previous owner must have put Baja Foam Grips on the bike, gotten stickers with the grips and put the stickers on the shocks I had never heard of Baja Grips before so I thought that was the brand of the shocks. Googling that got me nothing

Comment

Working...
                      X