Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

model z vs. model d calipers/parts on a 83 gs750t

Hi forumers,

I'm a new guy here I was redirected from dotheton, I just bought my first bike last week! A running suzuki 83 gs750t for pennies. Of course it needs some( read- a lot of) work. I'm trying to get new parts to rebuild the seized front caliper and make it rideable.

I keep running into options on the parts for the calipers. I have to choose between "model d" and "model z"
    All of the parts seem to be 1 number off between the two. (ex: 49-0001 and 49-0002) and the pictures are identicle in the diagrams. But I'm not sure where I find out which model I actually have. I know the model year is a D (1983) per the title/VIN, but I would assume that the Z would be the later model 1982, however according to the VIN decoders all over the internet the previous year is a C not a Z. What am I missing?

The choice for model d and z are not limited to brakes, but also some of the transmission and other parts. Anyone have a super spiffy decoder ring I can use? I just got stickers in my cracker jack box -_-

Thanks in advance!
    -enn

The Z is for '82, the D is for '83. The C is for '78.

You can get full details on all that stuff by visiting the Model Information tab on the home page.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Fantastic. So I had the right idea, but wrong chart. I was looking at the vin decoder chart.

Night shift has fried my brains. Thanks for the assist!

-enn

Comment

Working...
      X