I'm all like WTF mate?! (Forks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm all like WTF mate?! (Forks)

So there I am perusing CL when what should I happen upon in my search for available young women?? That's right, a Harley pan head for sale... and he had some gsxr forks as we'll for cheap. So I made the contact and hauled ass to his house to snag this fine piece of sexy suspension. I get these forks home and realize I'm not 100% sure what they came off of. So I look at some pics of gsxr1100 and 1000 forks (6 pot calipers) and I'm all like "WTF mate?!" Which forks are these?

Any ideas? I'll try to get a couple more pics later.

Originally posted by xxxotiknightz View Post
    So there I am perusing CL when what should I happen upon in my search for available young women?? That's right, a Harley pan head for sale... and he had some gsxr forks as we'll for cheap. So I made the contact and hauled ass to his house to snag this fine piece of sexy suspension. I get these forks home and realize I'm not 100% sure what they came off of. So I look at some pics of gsxr1100 and 1000 forks (6 pot calipers) and I'm all like "WTF mate?!" Which forks are these?

None, but I'd be like WTF mate. nailed myself a nice set of usd's and six pots with a clean.

Comment

After decoding what was written, all I can say is "sorry, I don't have a clue".

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Hi,

It looks like the 2001 and 2002 GSX-R1000 used the 6-pot Tokico calipers.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

See I was thinking the same thing but I thought the 00' and up 1000 w/ 6 pots were anodized gold? From what I can tell the bandit and the gsxr1100 were also offered with a 6 pot brake set. I looked at the top clamp and the loop for the ignition has been cut off and ground down. It was aligned in the center if that helps. I also took some measurements and the wide portion is 54mm and the thin portion is 50mm.

Comment

Hi,

Yes, all the online pictures I'm finding indicate that vintage did have the gold calipers. I can only speculate about all the different scenarios (painted, replaced, non-Suzuki fork, etc).

EDIT: Or should I say "most"?
            See: http://www.superstreetbike.com/custo.../photo_16.html

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
            Last edited by Guest; 10-16-2013, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xxxotiknightz View Post

What happened with the Pan Head??

Comment

look like TL1000s or Hyabusa forks. wither way your good to go.. those are the most mother blessed calipers to bleed. good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Scout View Post
                  What happened with the Pan Head??
                  He wanted $1500 for the pan head. If I had the money if go back and buy it. I picked up a set of gsxr 110 wheels now to go with the forks. Are there and differences in brakes between these bikes with 6 pots?

Comment

After some careful research I have discovered that these are 99 GSXR 750 forks.

Comment

Working...
                    X