Gsx-R Wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gsx-R Wheel

Does anyone no how to get this three spoke wheel onto a gs 1100 in the front like this one alot of people told me id have to change the front end but this front looks stock i already know any gsxr wheel fits in the back

The easiest way to do this would be to machine a new wheel bearing spacer which sleeves down the original 20mm bearing inner diameter to 15mm to suit the GS1100 axle diameter. A good machinist can give you advice on how to do this best.

Comment

Just find a bearing dimension chart. Find a bearing with the same OD but with a 15mm or what size ID you need.

Thats all I had to do to fit the 3 spoke rims on my little bring bring RG500 was find a bearing with the right ID as my front axle.
      Last edited by Guest; 10-27-2013, 02:03 AM. Reason: correction

Comment

Bearing chart and find the right bearing , but also are those the 17" wheels or may they possibly be the 18" GSXR wheels from a 88' GSXR? then there would only be 1 bearing size change if I remember correctly.
        1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
        80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
        1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
        83 gs750ed- first new purchase
        85 EX500- vintage track weapon
        1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
        “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
        If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Those are water cooler wheels (straight spoke) or at least if the front matches the back so they are 17" wheels. Generally you cant put a 17" wheel inside of a stock gs1100E fork as ithere is not enough width for the wheel and rotor to fit between the fork lowers.

The 1150 triple clamps are much wider (even wider than GSXR forks) and they are the same fork diameter (37mm) so if you swap that out you would have the same head bearings and have a fighting chance to get the wheel spacers and bearings sorted out.

Comment

I would try using the 88 to 92(?) oil cooled GSXR750 front rim, and speedo drive or 600 Kanatuna front rim and rotors.

I can't see my little Rg500 forks being wider than the GS1000E forks. I had no problem fitting the GSXR750 front rim to my Rg forks. I did use some very shallow outset front rotors from either some GSXR or off of the 600 Kanatuna on the GSXR750 front rim. Some of the GSXR's have a huge offset in their rotors and those would come close to hitting my lower fork legs.

When I say offset I mean the distance from the backside of rotor mounting plate to the front side of the rotor itself.

Comment

if you have width issues, use a GS500E 3.00" front wheel. matches the GSXR rear wheel and uses a 120/70/17 tyre.
              1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Working...
              X