Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions on the fittings to use on SS lines.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm. I'm assuming you are aiming for a brakeline that just runs straight up the fork? If so, what happens when your forks bounce, without the usual bight of slack at the caliper?
    Last edited by Gorminrider; 11-22-2013, 10:01 AM.

Comment

There are brake line guides on the reflector holders that I'm putting back on,the 90 degree will put them close to being inline with them. Measured the new lines with slack in them.Got the new lines ordered from Raymond at Apex brakes to day,with luck I'll have them next week

Comment

"Got the new lines ordered from Raymond at Apex brakes to day,with luck I'll have them next week"

That's great, I was hoping you'd get them soon.
        Nothing like great brakes (instead of "breaks") for a Christmas present!!

1979 GS1000

Comment

So guess what I got in the mail today A few days ahead of CP estimate Look to line up exactly the way I want toI'm no spelling nazi but BREAKS when you mean BRAKES bugs the living **** out of me.Guess I'm not the only one

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

have you put it on the centre stand and extended the fork to see how much they tighten up at full extension? They are a lot shorter than mine, but I think mine are a little too long.
              GSX1300R NT650 XV535

Comment

It's on the center stand.Just checked,yes it's at full extension in those pics.Bled them out this morning as it got dark on me yesterday.Lever is HARD!

Comment

ah! Looks good! no more loops dangling behind ,eh?

Comment

Working...
                  X