Triple Tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triple Tree

rebuilding my 83 GS 1100E and using GSXR 750 wheels. However can not make the wheel fit on the front with both rotors. It is to narrow for the both to be on. My question is can I use a triple tree from a 88 or 89 GSXR 750 on my 83 Gs1100E. and will it give me the half clearance for both Dis?????????????

Originally posted by enelson2047 View Post
    rebuilding my 83 GS 1100E and using GSXR 750 wheels. However can not make the wheel fit on the front with both rotors. It is to narrow for the both to be on. My question is can I use a triple tree from a 88 or 89 GSXR 750 on my 83 Gs1100E. and will it give me the half clearance for both Dis?????????????
    the forks OD need to match the triple ID so the best bet is an 1150 triple for the 1100 forks.

Comment

What you are saying is a Gs1150 triple Tree will work with both rotor and dis???????/

Comment

Originally posted by enelson2047 View Post
        What you are saying is a Gs1150 triple Tree will work with both rotor and dis???????/
        I'm saying that 1150 triples will fit your Gs1100e 37 mm forks and are the widest triple clamp of all gs and gsxr's as far as I know. You will still have to make brake caliper plates to move calipers to fit shay ever rotor you are using.

There are many threads discussing various up grades. Usually it is best to use complete front ends although there are a few combinations that can be made to work.

On my bike I used a complete 1988 GSXR 1100 front end with wheels from the same bike. There is a thread in my signature detailing the build in the first post.

Comment

1150 Triple Tree

Thanks for the advise will try the triple tree first

Comment

1150 Triple Tree

Got a complete 1150 Triple Tree and it is wider but NO place to mount the handle bars. Now what do I do ??? I do not want the 1150 handle bars. If I use a GSXR front end will I be able to use my stock gauges and handle bars??????????????.

Comment

Working...
            X