GS1000 Triple Spacing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1000 Triple Spacing

I have a 79 GS750 that I'm about to install a set of GS1000 forks onto. I'm setting it all up for the twinpot caliper mod. I have the calipers, the rotors are on the way, I have a set of mint forks off a 1980 GS1000 G, now I need the triples and the proper All Balls bearings. My question is, are the spacing between the fork legs different for varying years GS 1000's?

My 750 has 35mm fork uppers spaced at 140mm inside to inside. Should be 175mm center-center. Just trying to purchase some triples similar to accommodate the 37mm fork uppers I'm installing along with dual disc brakes.

For reference I have a spoked 19" wheel that I plan to resuse. I'm not interested in the 17" option as I want to keep the classic look and feel of this bike. Mostly want to upgrade suspension and braking. In the future, I may look into the GS1100 swinger, and if I can fit it, re-lacing the wheels onto a wider rim to accommodate a wider tire, but not 100% necessary.

Any advice on your GS1000 fork spacing, and triple lengths are greatly appreciated.

It looks like the 1983 GS750 also had 37mm forks. That could be an option too?

Comment

You need a 37mm set of clamps with 175mm spacing.

And just to make sure, you are not using leading axle forks?

I think I have one around here.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

They're not the leading axle forks. I guess my question was: are all GS1000's 175mm center to center? eBay adds certainly don't list those specs.

Comment

Don't know but I can see if mine are if you are interested.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

That'd be appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X