Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSX1100EZ Front & Rear Suspension

Hi all,

Firstly apologies as I am sure this topic has been covered extensively. Just looking for some direction to find the correct info.

Just a general query from a relatively new owner. I have a GSX1100EZ that I am currently restoring.

Only had it for a couple of months. It's in great shape. I'm interested in some suspension advice front and rear.

I'm after some recommendations for the best suspension set-up I can achieve front and rear. I don't want to change the forks etc. I'm happy to replace old with new if necessary.

Any other tips would be great.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Guest; 01-05-2014, 11:53 PM.

Best suspension for what purpose?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

General cruising. Just a good all round set-up. Not sure if I should replace part for part or look at other options such as Ohlins for the rear and a progressive set-up on the front?

Comment

For the rear, get what you can afford for it. For the front, apart from swapping to complete different front ends, good springs and cartridge emulators are about as good as you can get. The emulators really do work well if you set them up properly.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
          For the rear, get what you can afford for it. For the front, apart from swapping to complete different front ends, good springs and cartridge emulators are about as good as you can get. The emulators really do work well if you set them up properly.
          Thanks for the quick reply. I don't really want to swap the front end over. Do you have any brand suggestions for the springs and cartridge emulators?

Comment

Many here like the progressives while others like sonic springs.
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by therefinery View Post
              Thanks for the quick reply. I don't really want to swap the front end over. Do you have any brand suggestions for the springs and cartridge emulators?
              Emulators, go to Race Tech. There are several brands for springs, don't think it matters much as long as you get the rate right.

Comment

Thanks for the input

Comment

Working...
                X