Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rear shock length to order? Analyzing Geometry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a slick looking bike. The shocks are very nice

Comment

Ride Report

So the 30mm shock extensions are like magic. It's like the bike has power steering now. It feels 100lbs lighter. Feels like a sport/touring bike. I just think about turning in and the bike does it.

My true test was to let go of the bars and use my body to turn the bike. It's like every good bike I've ridden in the past. Just a slight weight change and the bike is going in that direction.

At the same time completely stable at speed and leaned over.

My prescription was for 1" (25mm) longer shocks for an effective .75" (20mm) ride height adjustment, netting a reduction in trail to 109 mm. Instead I used the included spacers that are 1.125" (30mm) and I'm very happy with the results. This might have netted a 107-108mm trail, but it feels good. The Ducati Monster measures in at 98mm Trail, so I feel like I'm still safe. No signs of tucking or chatter (although my test rides are not even close to pushing the limits)

On a side note, I tried two times to record my test rides. I want so badly to capture the cacophony of noise this bike makes with the open RS38 carbs. It's quite an amazing symphony of motorcycle music, and I wish I could share it with all of you.

-kevin
      Last edited by Guest; 04-12-2014, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X