New Brake Shoes Too Tight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Brake Shoes Too Tight

I just put a new pair of EBC FA609 on my 82 GS450TXZ. The went on easy, but seem to be too tight to slide back into the drum. How much resistance, if any, should there be getting the brake assembly back on the drum/rim?

did you ever get any hell im running into the same issue

Comment

Poncho

Welcome to the forum. If I could make some suggestions?

First about this post, specifically. This thread was never responded to and has been dead for over 6 years, probably for a couple of reasons. A quick google of EBC FA609 shows me that these are brake pads for a disc brake. The OP mentions getting the brake assembly back into a drum. Some of our bikes do have a drum rear brake. So there's a discrepancy there.

Secondly, It's a good idea for any new member to introduce themselves in a intro post in the GS Owners forum. Before that, put you're bike year and model in your signature, then you'll never have to type it again. Go to Settings at the top right of this page, then My Settings, Edit Signature. It will be very much appreciated.

Then come back to the
      Tires/Suspension/Brakes forum, and start a new thread outlining your problem. You're sure to get some help.
      Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Working...
      X