Ikon or Hagon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ikon or Hagon?

Just throwing this out there to see what people prefer between the two. I am of average weight and bike is a 1980 850 with velorex sidecar on it. Plan to do a lot of riding. Sometimes just two of us, other times me and camping gear for extended road trips.

I am thinking around $400 is the max I want to spend...maybe. I looked around and these are two that seem to come up often enough, people like them and they are affordable.

I have originals on right now...and I can tell it needs to be done soon. I all ready have put new fork springs up front ( progressive with 15 wt fork oil).

Works Performance might have shocks near that price point. I have street trackers 1/2" longer than stock. Worked well for me and built to my preferences. Only one state away too.
    GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

I had Ikon when it was still Koni. But nowadays I will try Hagon as Ikon is more expensive. Koni was better then standard but I have a feeling that the Hagon's are better then my old Koni's.

Comment

I paid the extra for Ikons, ordered them for the weight I needed. They are rebuildable which is a huge bonus.

Comment

I wasn't bothered about rebuildable. The old ones have been on for 30 years. I won't be riding bikes anymore 30 years from now but more likely have a walking frame.

Comment

Working...
          X