No announcement yet.

How do I adjust my rear shocks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maximum shock extension only happens when it's on the centerstand or flying off a jump.

Going down a road it adjusts the ride height, or sitting at a light it adjusts the seat height.

He was talking about seat height sitting on the bike while stopped, not flying off jumps or on the centerstand. Changing the preload does this perfectly.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Hmmm...learning about rear shocks as I sip on a Guinness. Thanks guys.

Ed
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Guinness! Num Num Num.
        That was a much better thread!
        Had a few myself!
        Did not learn a ---- thing!

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
          Hmmm...learning about rear shocks as I sip on a Guinness. Thanks guys.

Ed
          Grab another beverage, it works on the front forks, too.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            Grab another beverage, it works on the front forks, too.

Thx Steve. It's refreshing to get a response. I keep forgetting not everyone was raised like me with manners.

Is it too much to ask for a response even if ONE doesn't know an individual? It really says alot about an individual who ignores someone talking to them.

Ed
            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
            Originally posted by GSXR7ED
            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Working...
            X