Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brake caliper seals/boots Z1, OEM, or other?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake caliper seals/boots Z1, OEM, or other?

I'm needing to get some seals and dust boots to rebuild the front calipers on my '82 GS750E and I want to get ideas on where I should get em. OEM would likely be best but is what Z1 offers (K&L) up to snuff for caliper parts? I remember K&L isn't worth the hassle for something on these bikes but I can't remember what? Master cylinder rebuild kit maybe?

No it was carburetor parts. I haven't used their brake kits, but I need a few.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

OEM Parts

I researched/fiched my Front Brake parts on BlvdSuzuki.com now known as Outlawparts.com.

Never tried kits...always felt better with looking at the IPBs (Illustrated Parts Breakdown) and ordering what I need.

Ed
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

OEM all the way. K&L brake parts are a crap shoot. I've had two different bad experiences: a master cylinder kit and some caliper seals.
        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Two out of how many kits, Ed?

Just one piece bad or the whole kit was no good? Maybe the wrong kit?

I just need the one rubber boot that covers the circlip area of two master cylinders, I hate to spend $100 just for that.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
            I researched/fiched my Front Brake parts on BlvdSuzuki.com now known as Outlawparts.com.

Never tried kits...always felt better with looking at the IPBs (Illustrated Parts Breakdown) and ordering what I need.

Ed
            I've looked into outlawparts and shipping is crazy, the shipping costs more than the parts I need for both calipers.

Comment

order a bunch of stuff at once, free shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer2600 View Post
                I've looked into outlawparts and shipping is crazy, the shipping costs more than the parts I need for both calipers.

somewhere on here someone posted an online coupon for outlawparts that makes shipping free. Was it Eli?
                Rob
                1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

De-Code

Call them and get a code for checking out. Spend at least $20-$25 to make it worth their while.

Ed
                  GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                  Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                    order a bunch of stuff at once, free shipping.
                    Got a suzuki part number for mixture needle set or individual components? That'd be the one OEM part I'd want but can't find.

Comment

"Bang" was the promo code for free shipping, according to the printed postcard I got with a recent order from Parts Outlaw. I haven't tried it out yet.
                      Charles
                      --
                      1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Got a suzuki part number for mixture needle set or individual components? That'd be the one OEM part I'd want but can't find.
                        You mean the idle mixture screw? If so, that isn't sold separately as an OEM part. It is available as an aftermarket kit, though: http://www.z1enterprises.com/ItemDet...item=KL18-2645
                        Charles
                        --
                        1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Shipping Cost

Originally posted by eil View Post
                          "Bang" was the promo code for free shipping, according to the printed postcard I got with a recent order from Parts Outlaw. I haven't tried it out yet.
                          I just used that CODE on a $50 order and my shipping was $2.09.

Speedo & Tach Cable(s)
                          Cam Chain Tensioner components
                          Various small replacement parts

It probably won't benefit a buyer if $10 or less is spent. I tried it and that's why I buy several components when I place an oder.

Ed
                          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Working...
                          X