How much lube on slider boots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much lube on slider boots?

Upon disassembly mine were just smoked and there seemed to be so much grease buildup? Haynes manual just says "leave this work to the dealer" lol I read to use the clear silicone grease packet from napa for this stuff & I think a copper grease of sorts on the backside of pistonside pad? heres a pic of my style caliper bracket
    Last edited by Guest; 05-21-2014, 09:56 PM.

That Haynes manual is a hoot. Toss it into the rubbish bin! The only service manual you need is the bona fide Suzuki one: http://www.mtsac.edu/%7Ecliff/storag...nual_HiRes.pdf

You only need a light to moderate coating of grease on the pin. No packing it in. The caliper grease that you get in the little packets works fine, but I like the stuff from a tube better. More bang for your buck and easier to apply. (3M sells a big can of silicone paste for around $20, that would last most of us a lifetime.)

Inspect the brake pads and pins annually. Clean and reapply caliper grease as needed. Replace the boots if they're hard or cracked, yadda yadda yadda...
    Charles
    --
    1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Thanks yea I'm not sure why I had all the buildup? Yea those freakin boots are expensive should be 1/2 the price Could you send me another link, that one isnt working for me? Thanks again

Comment

Look here and get what you need

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X