Disk Bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disk Bolts

Changed the rear disk today...would like to replace old bolts and lock system with allen bolts...is this a good idea?...should I use thread lock?...and torques settings if anyone can help/give advice that would be great

cheers

greenbraes

Keep the tab washers and hex set screws. Used properly they guarantee your rear brake integrity, your safety, your life.

Torque setting can be found in the factory manual. BassCliff has these available on his site.
    1980 GS550ET

Comment

The Earth won't fall off of its axis and you won't die. I do it all the time.
      The bikes are dirty as I actually ride them a lot more than most here ride their computer keyboards.

E model...

G model...

Send me a PM and I will be happy to share with you how they are retained. (Better than the stock arrangement BTW.)

Comment

So GSX, why don't we ever see pictures of your rides?
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
          You don't look.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
            You don't look.
            Oh I'd be interested in seeing pictures of Utah so I'd surely look at his rides.

1981 GS550T - My First

Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die

Comment

I guess that you never check out the "Anyone go for a ride" thread eh?
              "Riding Game" thread? (Which you NEVER participate in BTW.)
              How about a running sound bite of your second rebuild in a year of the SAME bike? Any videos of you riding? Any pictures of you falling down?
              If you REALLY were paying attention, you would also notice that I built a custom GS1105 G and am currently building a '78 750 and a '80 1100E at the same time since this February.
              Two of them currently run too. The 750 has a good excuse, it is missing its head!
              Go back to doing what you do best...
              Last edited by Guest; 05-25-2014, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Blue LockTite.......and you should be good to go....

Comment

Originally posted by GSX1000E View Post
                  How about a running sound bite of your second rebuild in a year of the SAME bike? Any videos of you riding? Any pictures of you falling down?
                  If you REALLY were paying attention, you would also notice that I built a custom GS1105 G and am currently building a '78 750 and a '80 1100E at the same time since this February.
                  Two of them currently run too. The 750 has a good excuse, it is missing its head!
                  So Eric, errr GSX1000, I've read through the Ride thread and what I have seen of your stuff looks more like Reno then Utah but of course you haven't once made a positive comment on any of my posts in that same thread. The riding game? Yea, more like a competition of why doesn't someone get the picture in 30 minutes after someone else - I quit that thread a couple of years ago. As far as my rebuild - it's been done for awhile now but I found a problem with the tank and just finished fixing that. The rebuild I'm working on now is my daughter's jeep.

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

Morning Guys
                    Thanks for all the feedback, new bolts in..also just changed the swingarm
                    I will clean things up when I'm done...looks a bit rough at moment

cheers

Comment

We are going to need some pictures of the whole bike.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by GSX1000E View Post
                        So Eric, errr GSX1000, I've read through the Ride thread and what I have seen of your stuff looks more like Reno then Utah but of course you haven't once made a positive comment on any of my posts in that same thread.
                        And there you have it! Eric is BACK. These "GSX110E" posts were civil for a while, but now they are getting more and more abusive. Eric apparently just can't keep that ugly side suppressed. Too bad.
                        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                          We are going to need some pictures of the whole bike.
                          as requested

and the day to day run-about....

back to work for 2 weeks but slowly getting there...sort a very stiff clutch..new float in one of the carbs and ready for it's MOT

Greenbraes...

Comment

Working...
                          X