82 1100e Avon R.R. AM26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 1100e Avon R.R. AM26

O.K. everyone I need opinions! Im going to replace the tires on my 1100E! I have been running Metzeler Laser Techs for the last few several years! Not to impressed with them! I have made up my mind to go with Avon Road Riders AM26! The input I would like from you is: What size? I currently have 3.50-19 up front with 130/90-17 in the rear!
    I read in some of the old posts that there is some debate as to the width you should use!
    Thanks
    sigpicIt wasnt me! I didnt do it! You cant prove anything!
    82 1100EZ

I can't add much. I bought the same bike eight months ago. It had (still has) the same size tires you run. Mine are on the stock '82 "Snowflake" wheels. I've been told by a few members that's as wide as we can go.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I would consider perilli sport demons.
      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
        I would consider perilli sport demons.
        Thanks!! I will look into them as well! Im reconsidering the Avon`s after the problems BonanzaDave has been having with them!! I live just a few miles from him, so I`m in the polar vortex too!!
        82 1100EZ

Comment

Originally posted by GDT1960 View Post
          Thanks!! I will look into them as well! Im reconsidering the Avon`s after the problems BonanzaDave has been having with them!! I live just a few miles from him, so I`m in the polar vortex too!!
          It's not just Dave. It seems a bit of a crap shoot whether you get a good set or not. Mine are OK, but there's deff something going on with those buggers!
          -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

I have the Pirelli Sport Demons on the GS750E, excellent tire, if you can get it.....

I went with the stock size in the front, and I went up by one in the rear, no clearance issues.....

on the Yamaha, I did the same, stock in the front and one up in the rear, could have gone even more, the Yamaha has a lot of clearance, however on the Yamaha I am running the Bridgestone BT45's, a good grippy tire, but the Pirelli are more sticky....

I have heard mixed reviews on the AM26's, cheap in price and not so good in the rain....

Comment

I`m still doing some research on tires! Getting opinions from people! At this point, I may stick with the Metzelers! I like the way they feel, they don't last as long as other brands but they do perform well and you can get them anywhere! They just cost to much!!
              82 1100EZ

Comment

I've had no problems with my Avon's, no cracks, two bikes several year old tires, I would buy them again. Is there a better tire? I don't know, just happy with what I got.
                sigpic
                Steve
                "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Working...
                X