Piggy backs or no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Piggy backs or no?

I am on the verge of buying new rear suspension for the rear of an '81 750, I plan on going with YSS Eco line shocks. My question is regarding whether I get the ones with piggy back reservoirs or not, from what I understand the advantage of the pb's is that they have a better resistance to the oil frothing and causing things to firm up after extended and higher velocity use. I live in the mountains and most of the road conditions tend to be quite variable. So my question is if it is worth the extra $100 or are the piggy backs really only needed on the track. Thank you for your input.
    sigpic

'81 GS750LX with Katana fairing. Super custom.

Tracks are smooth. Mountain roads are not. You only pay the $100 once, you ride it many times.

Get the piggybacks.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Thanks Tkent...piggy backs they shall be.
      sigpic

Comment

Thought the piggyback YSS's are $200 more than the regulars? For that much $, I'd pass.
        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

$200? $100?

Comment

Had to double check but the Eco line 302's are only $100 more with pb's which is why I was considering them, any more and I would probably not bite. As tkent points out our mountain roads are far from smooth so I think it may be worth the extra $, at least that is what I have convinced myself.
            sigpic

Comment

Discover YSS Suspension, Thailand's leading motorcycle suspension brand. Elevate your ride with our innovative products like the PD Valve Fork Emulator and Fork Cartridge Kits. Trusted in over 30 countries, YSS promises unmatched comfort, control, and precision for every journey. Experience the difference today.

Not Ohlins, but they are rebuild able and everyone that has them seems to like them
              sigpic

Comment

As far as I'm concerned Ohlins are worh the extra money.

Comment

Dangit, don't tell me that.
                  sigpic

Comment

I have Y.S.S. and haven't died. Yet....

1979 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by gsgeezer View Post
                      I have Y.S.S. and haven't died. Yet....
                      We all have to die sometime. I don't think the difference in shocks is going to do it...

Is that $100/each, more expensive?
                      '83 GS650G
                      '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

$100 more for the pair, $299 w/o, $399 with piggy backs
                        sigpic

Comment

Not bad. I'd pay the extra. They'd look good on the green flyer in your sig
                          '83 GS650G
                          '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Working...
                          X