Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help me ID these Kawasaki Air Shocks

They have NO PART # anywhere on them.
    I just bought them from fleabay, and in a fit of stupidity, I didn't make sure they weren't blown out before buying.
    I didn't even check to see if the eyes were the same size. ( they are not).
    The band of graphics around the top says "/// Air Suspension //// "

Last edited by exdirtbiker; 06-28-2014, 05:01 PM.
    1980 GS1000G - The Beast - GOING... GOING... yup, it's gone. I'm bikeless !!! GAaaahh !!!
    1978 KZ1000C1 Police - GONE !
    1983 GPZ750, aka ZX750A1 - restored, fresh paint... Gave it back, it was a loaner !!!
    Check My Albums for some of the 30+ headaches I've dealt with

I know -JUST- enough to make me REALLY dangerous !

I swear, there was no alcohol involved in the decision to click the "buy it now"
    1980 GS1000G - The Beast - GOING... GOING... yup, it's gone. I'm bikeless !!! GAaaahh !!!
    1983 GPZ750, aka ZX750A1 - restored, fresh paint... Gave it back, it was a loaner !!!

Comment

I was fairly certain, but checked BikeBandit's site anyway, they're Spectre ZN1100 air shocks, the ones you have are missing the boots-they substitute their own stock #, but they have a prefix of 44003, no suffix #, listed as 'backordered' @$400. each, and they're left and right for the air fitting/hose arrangement. Further checking with Powersports Warehouse reveals same prefix, and 1535/1536 suffixes, and N/A as well, which is more like being honest.
      Last edited by recycled64; 06-28-2014, 05:37 PM.
      sigpicSome of the totally committed probably should be.
      '58 + '63 Vespa 150's' (London, GB/RI, US)
      '67 X6 T20 ('67 Long Beach, Ca.- misty-eyed)
      '71 Kaw. A1-ugh ('71 SF, CA- worked @ Kaw dlr)
      '66 Yam. YL1('72 SF-commuter beater)
      '73 Kaw. S2A-2Xugh ('73 SF-still parts slave)
      '78 GS 750C ('77 SF-old faithful-killed by son)
      '81 KZ 750E ('81 SF-back to Kaw. dlr)
      '81 GS 650G ('08 back to NE&ME- (project)
      '82 GS '82 (2) GS650GZ, L, Middlebury, G current

Comment

Thank you !

Comment

Off of a Spectre would have been my guess too, due to the gold color of the bodies and Kawasaki had equipped them with rear air shocks.
          sigpic

SUZUKI:
          1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
          HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
          KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
          YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Hi
            This might shed some light, just pulled the sheet off for pics
            one of my bikes other bikes gs,s

uk bike Kawasaki GT550 PIC 1

Comment

This might shed some light, just pulled the sheet off for pics
              one of my bikes other bikes gs,s

uk bike Kawasaki GT550 they also did a kawasaki gt 750

Comment

Thanks Grana, but my air fittings are on top, yours are on the sides.

Comment

Thanks again guys...
                  OK, I googled for Spectre pics, and I think you are correct.
                  then looked up 82 1100 and 750 Spectre parts 'fiche..
                  both use the same shocks, most everything "unavailable".
                  I would like to try and refill them and see how they work.

- these are not the same as mine, but I suspect they are darn close enough... http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=381537

Comment

I am not going to mess with these... the seller gave a prompt refund, and didn't ask for them back.
                    Sooooo.... anyone want them ? Free (you pay shipping), but I have to say, I don't think they would be good for any GS. I test fitted them, and I think there is not enough stroke, at least when compared to the Konis.
                    if you search for "1981 Suzuki GS1100E Rear Shock Set" in "completed listings", you will find their ad on ebay.

Comment

Don't chuck them away. I have a pair that came from a Kwak GT750 that did sterling service on my '80 GS for years and were still on it until last year, but a mahoosive pothole blew out both seals. I discovered the ADV rebuild thread and will give re-sealing them a go. I've no need to re-valve them, as they were fine for support/springiness as they were. If I can find suitable seals locally for just a few quid, I'll be laughing. Indeed, I might pick up another set.
                      They're bloody good shocks and still fitted to the rear of many H-Ds as factory, to be replaced as 'not shiny/flashy/trendy enough' by owners. Result is, you can pick up nearly new ones for a few tens of bucks as the market is saturated from time to time. That's what I call a bargain.
                      ---- Dave
                      79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                      79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                      92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Working...
                      X