• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replacement crossover tube

it appears i have a small crack on my crossover tube on my ez

bikebandit says its unavaliable

it feels just like a plastic line

anyone ever replace these with anything?

"Crossover tube"?

The only crossover that I know of is in the exhaust between #2 and #3, and THAT had better not be plastic.

And, ... Bike BANDIT is far from the ultimate source for what's available.
    They are also far from the most-affordable.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

EZ. 1100EZ (like mine)?

I'm guessing you're talking about a frame piece. Correct?

Check that. "it feels just like a plastic line"

Can't be the frame, so what is it? Pics and engine size, please.
      Last edited by Rob S.; 06-30-2014, 02:27 PM.
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

In an effort to identify the part.... is it part# 12?

Comment

Air forks!

Fork you!
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

yes
            air crossover tube for the forks

Comment

Rocky mountain ATV lists it.

Get OEM parts at Rocky Mountain ATV/MC! We carry major powersport brands like Honda, KTM, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Polaris, Can-Am and more!

schematic "STEERING STEM (GS1100EZ)"

Part# is 51433-49500. You could call a Suzuki dealer and see if they can get one?

Comment

You are better off to not use any air at all. Get some progressive shocks, and set the oil level as per the manual. Even better get emulators and new springs and forget about the air.

Comment

Hard to get a straight answer on these forums sometimes. I figured since you posted in Suspension and Brakes, was not exhaust related. And how shocks and springs and emulators answer your question I have no idea. Years ago, I purchased the hose, (for 'originality') from a local Suzuki dealer. Might be obsolete.

That said: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1982-SUZUKI-...7a5383&vxp=mtr

No harm in asking the seller what he would take for the hose only

Comment

It's only $7.50 .... Splurge and buy the whole thing...
                    Currently in the Stable :
                    2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
                    1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
                    - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

Originally posted by Wingsconsin View Post
                      It's only $7.50 .... Splurge and buy the whole thing...
                      where do you see it for 7.50?

Comment

Originally posted by KKBS View Post
                        Hard to get a straight answer on these forums sometimes. I figured since you posted in Suspension and Brakes, was not exhaust related. And how shocks and springs and emulators answer your question I have no idea. Years ago, I purchased the hose, (for 'originality') from a local Suzuki dealer. Might be obsolete.

If this link is a correct part ...Buy it now - $7.50 ?

Oopps...it was $7.50 Buy it now yesterday ..?
                        Last edited by Wingsconsin; 07-01-2014, 11:14 AM. Reason: Added information
                        Currently in the Stable :
                        2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
                        1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
                        - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

Go to your local NAPA (if you have one) and get a small section of plastic air hose and a couple of new ferrels for the ends.

Comment

Perhaps the OP should have posted under "restorations"? The rest of us would have figured out quicker what you already seem to know all about.

Comment

Hard to get a straight answer on these forums sometimes. I figured since you posted in Suspension and Brakes, was not exhaust related. And how shocks and springs and emulators answer your question I have no idea.
                              I notice that... Almost makes me afraid to ask questions sometimes...

Comment

Working...
                              X