1100EZ fork damper knobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1100EZ fork damper knobs

I'm having difficulty locating the black plastic knobs on the bottom of each fork numbered 1 through 4.

I've looked on PartsNMore, Babbitts and PartsFish. Mine look like they'd disintegrate if I touched them, so I haven't.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Do a search, guys are making them out of brass.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
      Do a search, guys are making them out of brass.
      Now that would be cool, brass or stainless... a nice added touch.
      My Motorcycles:
      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
      79 1000e (all original)
      82 850g (all original)
      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
        Now that would be cool, brass or stainless... a nice added touch.
        Yes it would. Money's no object (even though I have none) if it purties up Suzi and doesn't add weight.
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
          I'm having difficulty locating the black plastic knobs on the bottom of each fork numbered 1 through 4.

I've looked on PartsNMore, Babbitts and PartsFish. Mine look like they'd disintegrate if I touched them, so I haven't.
          Those have been discontinued as far as I know of. I made replacements out of square brass stock as mentioned by posplayr.

Mark
          1982 GS1100E
          1998 ZX-6R
          2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

Originally posted by mmattockx View Post
            Those have been discontinued as far as I know of. I made replacements out of square brass stock as mentioned by posplayr.

Mark
            Got any for sale?

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
              Got any for sale?
              Nope. I just bought some brass stock at a local hardware/reno store and then used a file and drill press to shape/drill/tap them. It was an afternoon project IIRC but that was ~9 years ago. You need to drill a hole for the shaft and then cross drill and tap for a set screw. The shaft has a flat on it for the screw to seat against. I used square stock so that I could line up the flats to correspond with the 4 damper settings and just center punched dots on the faces for the 1, 2, 3, and 4 positions.

Mark
              1982 GS1100E
              1998 ZX-6R
              2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

Ask Agemax, he recently bought a small lathe and is doing small projects.I would probably use round stock but then again, I got away from teh stock forks a while back.

Comment

Working...
                X