swing arm switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

swing arm switch

hello, just wanted to know if its possible to change out my 1979 gs750l swing arm with a newer year gsxr 1100 1987 . the reason is I would like to change out the style of wheels. some months ago I was here and asking about carb settings etc. well, I could never get it right,and motor just give out,lots of miles. anyway I put in another low miles engine and im ready for paint.then got an idea on using another style wheel. the 1200 bandit has a set I found an was wondering if it was possible? any help or let me know if this is just a bad idea. thank you Captrise ps I would also be using another set of bigger forks, and triple trees etc. (1100) to adjust for brake system. thank you
    Last edited by Guest; 10-08-2014, 07:18 AM. Reason: add something

Yes I can be done however it will not be a straight swap. Many of us have done similar swaps
    sigpic1982 gs750e 1186 oil cooled engine USD front mono shock rear
    1994 gsxr1100w
    1981 gs1260dragbike (this one I've owned for29yrs)

Comment

Have a look at this thread for an example of what is typically needed:

Older GSXR stuff fits easier than this, but you are always going to have to work up new spacers and the like at a minimum.

One other thing. Some capitalization, punctuation and paragraphs would make your post much easier to read. You aren't texting your buddies at the bar, it needs to be more formal here.

Mark
      1982 GS1100E
      1998 ZX-6R
      2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

Originally posted by mmattockx View Post
        Have a look at this thread for an example of what is typically needed:

Older GSXR stuff fits easier than this, but you are always going to have to work up new spacers and the like at a minimum.

One other thing. Some capitalization, punctuation and paragraphs would make your post much easier to read. You aren't texting your buddies at the bar, it needs to be more formal here.

Mark
        It never needs to be more formal here.
        But you will probably get many more helpful answers if you put up the effort.

Welcome to the site captrise

Comment

Working...
        X