Introduction and question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introduction and question

Hello and Thank you for allowing me to join. I'm a member of other forums and enjoy talking with other motorcycle riders. I buy and repair older bikes. I'm located in lower Michigan. I am currently working on a 1997 Suzuki GS 500e for a co worker and I am in need of a few bolt torque specs, I just replaced the fork seals and in need the torque for the upper and lower triple tree bolts, handlebar riser bolts, axle bolt and caliper bolts. Any help would be great. Thank you in advance. I look forward to sharing my experiences and advice as well.
    Last edited by Guest; 12-18-2014, 04:27 AM.

Greetings, welcome, and all that stuff.

That model is quite a bit newer than what we usually work on, but torque specs have probably not changed much over the years.

Take a peek in our library to look in some manuals for similar bikes for information that should get you close.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Michiganders coming out of the woodwork, I tell ya! Whereabouts are you?

This forum mostly caters the the vintage GSes (mid 70's to mid 80's) but there are lots of people here that have experience on other Suzukis (and indeed nearly every bike imaginable).

Welcome!
      Last edited by eil; 12-19-2014, 12:43 AM. Reason: PEBKAC error
      Charles
      --
      1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by eil View Post
        ...This forum mostly caters to the vintage GSes (mid 70's to mid 70's) but...
        Welcome!
        I think early '80's (to early '80's) also qualifies. But the 1970's beats the '80's because there was none of this liquid-cooled nonsense.
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
          I think early '80's (to early '80's) also qualifies. But the 1970's beats the '80's because there was none of this liquid-cooled nonsense.
          Doh! Good catch. Clearly I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue...
          Charles
          --
          1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by eil View Post
            Doh! Good catch. Clearly I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue...
            Don't Bogart that C-ment, pass it 'round!
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Oh, ok. Well I guess this isn't the forum I need, I belong to many motorcycle forums, the members are willing to give advice and give a helpful hand. Later !!

Comment

Working...
              X