Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSX750F Katana Fork tube compatibility

Hey there,

New to the forums, not particularly new to GS's (first bike was an '83 GSX400E).

I just picked up a 1999 Katana 750 that had been crashed, but only minor damage really. Biggest problem is the forks are bent. I know I might be able to get the inner tubes straightened, but I'd really rather just buy some and go on my merry way.

So I'm wondering, what inner tubes from other models, or even other makes, might be compatible? I've never done an intensive fork rebuild, just seals, so I don't know much about how the inner tubes work. Are they universal? Can I remove all relevant parts and throw in some tubes of the same size? The biggest trick is just that it seems so hard to come by good used forks or fork tubes on ebay.

Anyone make aftermarket parts that I might be able to snag for less than say $300 for a pair?

Help is much appreciated!!

The inner tubes from the GSX750F (51110-08FA0) are unique to that bike. The GSX600F is a similar fork design - also 41mm diameter, and with many interchangeable parts, but the inner tubes are about 7mm shorter (just over 1/4").
    Last edited by Guest; 05-29-2015, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X