Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'82 GS650GL fork inner tube not coming out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'82 GS650GL fork inner tube not coming out...

Hi Guys,

At this point, I am trying to replace my fork seals as they are leaking a little bit. I have taken out the springs and the damper rods from the forks but the problem comes when I am trying to take the inner tube out. I have looked at Mr. Matchless's guide and I have looked at the owners manual but it seems that my forks only contain 1 long spring which measures to 21 1/4". Furthermore, the main issue is that the inner tube looks like it is being held by the fork seals. The owner's manual says to put it in a vice grip and pull on the inner tube but does that mean that I need to yank on it to pop the seals out along with the inner tube? I don't want to cause any damage as I need to have these back on the bike by tomorrow evening.

Thanks for all the help in advance!

We need pictures : ) Under the dust boots are spring clips and retainer washers. Got them off ?

Originally posted by forevertwowheels View Post
    does that mean that I need to yank on it to pop the seals out along with the inner tube?
    Yes. It may require. a few good yanks.
    Last edited by bonanzadave; 05-30-2015, 10:44 AM.
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
      We need pictures : ) Under the dust boots are spring clips and retainer washers. Got them off ?
      I did take out the c-clip which was holding the seal in and there is nothing in the way at the moment. Here is a picture of what it looks like: http://imgur.com/Lq85jmo

Comment

Working...
      X