750EC fork seal parts order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

750EC fork seal parts order

Time to order parts for a fork work over, plan is straight rate springs (Sonic) and cartridge emulators (MikeXS).

I haven’t done forks before, so I’m not exactly sure what seal parts to order. I don’t have the forks apart yet.

Do I need to order anything other than #8-1 and #11?

Are parts #6, #9, #13, #15 likely to be damaged, worn-out, or easy to damage taking apart? Any others?

Original fiche link is parts outlaw 750EC

Your input is appreciated, thanks.

Just did mine... 10k miles never cracked open before. No play or bushing wear. Did #8, #12, and #17 sonic springs and racetech cartridge emulators and 15 wt maxima fork oil are going to be dropped in

Comment

You really should thoroughly disassemble and inspect the forks before proceeding any further.

Generally, part nos. 6, 9 and 15 survive quite well and shouldn't need replacement. I usually replace part no. 13 when rebuilding, simply because it's subjected to sliding motion in normal operation so it will at some point need replacement. Check part nos. 15 & 16 - in many cases they have been butchered or damaged at some point. I've even seen cases where imperial thread bolts have been forced into use (!).

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
        X