DR650SE rear hub w/ 82 GS1100E swinger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DR650SE rear hub w/ 82 GS1100E swinger

I found this thread where Gilbo was asking about using DR650 hubs for wire wheels on his 82 650. But it kind of fizzled out.

I am also curious about using a DR650SE rear hub, but for my 79 GS750 (with an 82 1100E swinger). I have the 77 gs750 wire wheel hub, but don't want to monkey around with offset sprockets and spacers. Especially if I could just build the new wheel with a sexy & modern DR650SE hub. I understand that I would have to modify the brake stay and figure out bearing sizes etc, etc... I really like that the DR650 is wider, and not as tall/frumpy looking. I'm sure its a quite bit lighter too.
    Thoughts?
    How could I find dimensions on this hub?

You MIGHT find some of your DR650 info here.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Awesome, Thanks Steve.
      There is lots of good Q&A stuff on that site.
      I ordered a hub assembly, brake caliper, and brake stay off of ebay last night. Should be getting it in the mail soon. It looks like there are tons of sprocket and brake rotor options for this hub as well. I'll begin work on this as soon as I get it. I'm planning on getting the hub, brakes, sprocket and chain(spacing) fitted just right before I order the wheel from buchanan. Wouldn't want to get a wheel drilled for a hub and find out later on I cant even use it for whatever reason. I'll be sure to post pictures of the process if it looks like this mod will actually prove fruitful.
      Any advice (from anyone who has actually done this kind of mod) would be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
      X