Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

78 GS1000E rear shock identification

Hi Guys

I am trying to ascertain whether the rear shocks have been changed on my bike or whether they are standard, my bike has a number of period mods but not sure about the shocks.

I will try and upload a picture when I can but I have not seen the shocks I have on pictures of other GS1000E bikes.

They have an adjustable spring platform (3 or 4 settings) and have a red plastic cover covering the piston shaft (under the spring). I could not see any make on them.

Seem to work ok but since I have not tried any other GS's I don't know how they are affecting the bike

Still want to see a pic but there is no red plastic shield on the stock shocks.
    I had a set of Koni shocks that were similar to what you are describing.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

P1010186.jpg

This is it, any suggestions on what make?

Comment

Just a guess but they look like Progressive Series 12 shocks that someone has spray-bombed red.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

There does not appear to be any damping adjustment.

The top cover is plastic and coloured red. It is possible the metal body has been painted as someone has painted the wheels red which I believe is non stock

If they are Progressive Series 12 as these any good / rebuild-able?

Comment

Had a look on the web at Progressive Series 12 shocks and they look similar in design (so might be able to use rubber bushes from them) but don't have the helper spring set up that mine have.

Comment

Here's what the stock shocks look like.Your's look like a set of the Emgo shocks I have here in red instead of the black.Same bell and 2 springs.Said top be VERY rough riding as they're overdamped like crazy.

Comment

Working...
              X