No announcement yet.

850 owners, does this look "normal" ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like the PO got a fat 130 - maker variations on a 'standard'. I've had 130s that were nearly as skinny as a 120 and some were as fat as a 140. Otoh, I was lucky enough to find a 140 that was skinny enough to go on/in, but it's not a thing you can rely on.
    ---- Dave
    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by loud et View Post
      Jackson, I am reassembling my 850 brat project. The first piece I put on is the swing arm just now. In the manual it says adjust the swingarm left to right with the two pivot bolts to have an even gap between the swingarm and frame on both sides.
      Yes, that works to center the swingarm in the frame, but it does nothing for tire-to-swingarm clearance.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

MY problem looks to be the spacing between my tire & my shaft housing. It's less than a cm. But I suppose I can put spacers in the third member when I am going back together. I think I'll strip this bike down to the frame and shave any unnecessary tabs. So, it's nothing pressing, but I just wanted to know so I can start formulating a plan of action in my head.

Loud et don't forget to post some pics in the Brat thread.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          Yes, that works to center the swingarm in the frame, but it does nothing for tire-to-swingarm clearance.

Haha oh yeah. I thought I saw the light, but I didnt...... it's an axle spacer or tire width issue I guess. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by BADJACKSON View Post
            noticed how close this tire is to the shaft. What should that spacing be, about... Mine looks to be only about 2-4 mm. That seems a bit tight.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42623[/ATTACH]

Thanks
            I'm wondering the same thing after getting rear-ended, Is the rear axle adjustable in the trailing arm ?http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ame-dimensions

Comment

Working...
            X