1981 GS650G Brake Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1981 GS650G Brake Info

Hey guys, I recently was gifted a 1981 GS650G. It had been sitting in my friend's father's garage for the past 25 years. I was discussing my interest in rebuilding motorcycles, and they just gave it to me! I was pretty excited about it. Now that my schedule has allowed I am finally starting to get into it. The first order of business for me is to get the brakes functioning properly. There is no pressure in the front brakes, and just a little pressure in the rear. I plan to rebuild both master cylinders, and all three calipers. I will also replace all the brake lines. My first questions are regarding the master cylinders. Where would be the best place to buy a rebuild kit for these cylinders? Would it be better to buy a completely new cylinder? Does anyone have any information on the size of the cylinder or a replacement that would be a direct swap. Thanks for the help!

If your rear master cylinder isn't froze up from sitting, be happy- I got two off part bikes that are frozen solid. Go here, these folks have reasonable pricing- click on an item and see what's available for replacement.

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Thanks for the link. They do have some good prices. I'll definitely be going there to get a few things.

Comment

Working...
      X