Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 gs650g rear shocks

Hi,
    Just pulled off my rear shocks and I think there is 2 left side shocks on the bike. My question is are they marked on the bottom eye mount and what should I do, buy aftermarket or try to find a good right side at a salvage yard? Also how do you take them apart.

Thanks M.K.

Originally posted by mkles View Post
    Hi,
    Just pulled off my rear shocks and I think there is 2 left side shocks on the bike. My question is are they marked on the bottom eye mount and what should I do, buy aftermarket or try to find a good right side at a salvage yard? Also how do you take them apart.

Thanks M.K.
    There shouldn't be any difference between right or left. If they are original stock shocks then they are not rebuild-able. I would not buy used stock tired shocks. Spend $ for new if you can or a pair of hardly used good aftermarket shocks on eBay(which may be hard to determine other than if leaking).

Comment

I would buy these shocks.
      Good shocks, a good price and a trusted member.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
        I would buy these shocks.
        Good shocks, a good price and a trusted member.
        http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...-eye-13-5-quot
        as Steve suggests. Nessism isn't going to pawn off something that is in bad shape.

13.5" will be just about perfect foryour 650G
        '83 GS650G
        '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Thanks guys, sure appreciate the info.

Comment

Working...
          X