Hayabusa front forks ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hayabusa front forks ???

I am putting together aa GS 1150 street bike. I always wanted the upside down fork assembly. Has anyone used Hayabusa front forks and wheel brakes on a gs 1100 or 1150 chassis? If anyone has a 1994 gsxr upside down fork assembly for sale lemme know thanks Guys, Mike

DOH!! Not good swap? Been trying to find gsxr 750 forks seem rare ..

Comment

I have not personally used them. The major consideredactions are length/geome try and bearing swap. Most used forks are shorter than the old stuff, reducing ground clearance and affecting geometry. There are fork swap sites for comparison of potential swaps.
      All Balls Racing Bearing and Seals packages all the needed parts to help with rebuilding your ATV, Dirt Bike, Street Bike, V-Twin,Snowmobile, All Balls manufactures 133 swing arm kits to cover more models than anyone, from 1973 to current,
      1984 GS550ES
      Rebuild in progress....

1983 GS750ES
      4700 miles

1978 GS1000E...Resto-mod to come

Comment

If you end up going for it, there are 3in GSXR and Busa fork extensions that will help you maintain close to stock geometry. They cost an arm and a leg and they come from Australia. I've got a set of Busa forks on my project bike (79 GS750L) now. I got the bearing kit from All Balls Racing and the forks went right in. Didn't have to shim/space the bearings or anything. The only thing I need to do is adjust/fab the bump/steering stop, and install the steering damper. I'm not sure about the instal of these forks on your bike, but it can't be much different than mine. Good luck!!

Comment

Busa Front End!!

I searched for a while ,tried emailing fellows who have advertised forks for sale ,,,but no luck hence the switchover to Busa forks. I don't want really heavy clunkers either. There seem to be loads of busa parts compared to gsxr USD s .Thanx that all balls site was great, I appreciate the Help Guys ,Have three bikes I'm working on now all suzuki gs based modified horribly ha ha Later Mike

Comment

Working...
          X