78 GS1000E Shocks and Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

78 GS1000E Shocks and Springs

What's the best replacement shocks and springs out there for these bikes? I don't mind paying a little more if need be. I want something that is comfortable and going to last. Thanks.

3 posts for upgading one bike. keep it simple

Comment

Hagons are a good choice for the rear while Sonic Springs (owner is a member here) are popular for the fronts
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Works performance black/street trackers are another level up from Hagons. YSS are an option. Online are the ultimate.
        ikons seem to be in short supply, the odd marzochhi set come up on EBay.

If if the choice is progressive or Hagon I would choose the latter personally.

You our may want to think about some fork cartridge emulators if you go high spec on the rear.
        1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Ignore my ignorance, but what exactly are fork cartridge emulators?

Comment

They make 1970's forks work like 1990s forks.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
              Works performance black/street trackers are another level up from Hagons. YSS are an option. Online are the ultimate.
              ikons seem to be in short supply, the odd marzochhi set come up on EBay.

If if the choice is progressive or Hagon I would choose the latter personally.

You our may want to think about some fork cartridge emulators if you go high spec on the rear.
              Online? or did you mean Ohlin?

Comment

Originally posted by traviseckley View Post
                Online? or did you mean Ohlin(s)?
                Sounds like a safe assumption.
                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Working...
                X