Katana swingarm on a GS450

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Katana swingarm on a GS450

I`ve got a line on a 1st Gen katana/gs1100e swingarm and want to adapt it to my 82 gs450. Anyone done it or can shoot a link? Search hasn't yielded many answers but I know it can be done. A guy posted a gs450 build the other day with a katana swing arm but I haven't gotten a response from him. I know the gs450 arm is 8.25" but havent been able to find the pivot width of the katana arm. I know I'll need a new chain/sprocket and I'll fab a new brake stay and extend the brake arm. I'm keepin the drum setup too. Any help is appreciated!
    Last edited by Guest; 04-19-2016, 04:31 PM.

Bump? I know someone's gonna have some info

Comment

Some numbers in this thread that may help you.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Sub'd, I have a couple of Ninja 250 monoshock frames/rear ends laying around so I'll be watching this one...

Comment

Why? The GS1100 swing arm is vastly over built for a GS450.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesWhut? View Post
            Why? The GS1100 swing arm is vastly over built for a GS450.
            True but it allows for a much larger wheel

Comment

You mean wider. Meh.

Comment

I completely forgot about this thread. I wanted the swingarm for 1 simple reason. It looks cool. It'll give me only a 2 inch stretch so it won't look funky or really hinder my cornering. I get to keep the twin shocks. Secondary reason is that the 450 is no more. Its now a higher compression 500 with some goodies along with a ton of weight shaved off so I want to be sure that front wheel stays planted because I'm a "spirited" rider. I got in touch with a guy who's done it to his 450. It's doable. Already got the swingarm from Jwhelan65 too. Thanks again man!

Comment

Working...
                X