Help Identifying Model/Year Wheels w/ Hubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Identifying Model/Year Wheels w/ Hubs

Picked these two up a while back and am trying to figure out what year bikes they came off of? Anyone got any insight? Thanks!

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like T3nrec.

Joe

The cast wheel looks identical to what is on my 82 1100E. Is it a 17"?

Mark
    1982 GS1100E
    1998 ZX-6R
    2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

Just measured them. The cast wheel is an 18", and the spoked is a 19".

Comment

On the cast wheel there should be a number on the tire. More than likely 130/90-17. This indicates a 17" wheel. When you measured you probably just measured the largest circumference of the wheel which isn't the correct place to measure it. You need to measure the bead of the wheel. As far as I know that style wheel was only made as a 16" and a 17" The wire wheel is an 18", as can be seen from the tire sidewall in the photo.

Edit: After close inspection you can see it says 130/90-17 on the sidewall of the cast wheel tire in the one pic so it is definitely a 17" wheel. The question that remains is what chain bike came with that wheel in a 17" diameter. I can rule out the 16v 750L as both of mine have 16". Hope this helps.
        Last edited by Guest; 05-19-2016, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Awesome, thanks! I never knew that about the measurements. So a chain drive bike with rear disc brake in a 17 inch cast wheel. Anyone have the answer to that little riddle?

Comment

1982-83 GS1100E as a start, my 82 1100E has the exact same wheel.

Mark
            1982 GS1100E
            1998 ZX-6R
            2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

Thanks Mark!

Comment

Originally posted by T3nrec View Post
                Thanks Mark!
                No problem. Here is an old picture of the warty beast so you can confirm it is the same, but it all looks identical to me.

Mark
                1982 GS1100E
                1998 ZX-6R
                2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

yep, looks the same to me as well. all the same hardware

Comment

Working...
                  X