Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone make blank-off plates for the GSXR anti-dive valves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone make blank-off plates for the GSXR anti-dive valves?

I know a few people used to, but, having found the need to reseal the GSXR forks I have on the 1150, I'm curious whether there are still any places or folks who make the plates to ditch the useless lumps on the leading side of the forks.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

I don't know if Tim is still making these but there is a contact address.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I emailed him, Steve. Thank you!
      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
      1982 CB900f

Comment

You know that for the 1988 GSXR 1100 forks I sold you that they have Racetech emulators, so the anti dives are completely non-functional including the stainless brake line extension to the anti dives. They are all plugged and have no impact on brake feel. I did this to retain a factory look.

If you do look for a block off plate, it does not have to be grooved becuase the emulators require bypass the damping rods internally.

Comment

Thanks, Jim. Yeah, I knew about the internals. I just want to get those great big gobs of metal off the forks.
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
            Thanks, Jim. Yeah, I knew about the internals. I just want to get those great big gobs of metal off the forks.
            They are hollow light weight alloy but, every ounce counts when the bike weighs 500 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
              the 1988 GSXR 1100 forks I sold you that they have Racetech emulators, so the anti dives are completely non-functional including the stainless brake line extension to the anti dives. .
              Good to know you can just make a plate, but what and where is that brake line extension you talk about? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                They are hollow light weight alloy but, every ounce counts when the bike weighs 500 lbs.
                Nothing to do with weight. All aesthetics. Those anti-dive units are eyesores.
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

opps answered my own question from Racetech's website...... Comments
                  Electric compression valve is bypassed with Emulators.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpy View Post
                    Good to know you can just make a plate, but what and where is that brake line extension you talk about? thanks

I broke down my bike. Pilot has the forks. They are 1988 GSXR 1100 forks with brake calipers and wheels from the same year.
                    I used Galfer rotors, and added custom brake lines. The GS1100ED 83) anti dives fit in the same spot as the electromagnetic GSXR anti dives.
                    The banjo ends were plugged so that no brake fluid went in the the cross over line from caliper to anti dive.

I can not find a picture, but what you basically do is take the end of a drill and flare the pinhole opening in the open barrel of the banjo brake fitting that will go to the anti dive Then using a torch of high wattage soldering or, solder a blob into the hole. Remove any excess so the banjo bolt goes in the hole. The brake line pressure will try and push the blob through the small hole (which it can't). Use flus to make sure it is a good bond and it can 't fallout from vibration.

Obviously it doesn't need to be on the antoidive side, and do try to get away with plugging the anti dive side, the brake line pressure will blow the plug out. If you can't do a good job with solder I would not recommend you try this at all.

Comment

Or just use Racetech valve and make a plate. Not really worried about original looks. thanks Is that a 10mm (3/8th) plate you used for fork brace? I am making a thinner one but yours does look good.
                      Last edited by Guest; 12-30-2016, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpy View Post
                        Or just use Racetech valve and make a plate. Not really worried about original looks. thanks Is that a 10mm (3/8th) plate you used for fork brace? I am making a thinner one but yours does look good.
                        I think one of the finer points was lost on the cross fire. Normal block off plates have a deep groove routed out on the inside of 1/2" plate to allow oil to pass. If not for this touted groove, the plates could be cut with hand tools from a chunk of 1/4 " aluminum.
                        With emulators there is no grove required and do the thinner material can be used.

that fork brace is at least 1/2" . Pilot has it snd would have to check for you.

Comment

Nothing to do with weight. All aesthetics. Those anti-dive units are eyesores.
                          As Your bike it will look best to the owner.

Comment

Just did the fork seals. I'll get around to removing the anti-dive units soon. Right now, rebuilding the carbs.
                            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                            1982 CB900f

Comment

Just did the fork seals. I'll get around to removing the anti-dive units soon. Right now, rebuilding the carbs.
                              If you just did the fork seals. How did you clean out all the oil if you didnt take off the anti dive units?

Comment

Working...
                              X