Offset for gs750 spoked rear rim.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offset for gs750 spoked rear rim.

Hi, I'm changing the rear rim from the original 18x2.15" to 18x4.25" by lacing the new rim to the original hub. I've lost the note I made with the measurements I made for offset. I layed the wheel flat and measured from both sides from the rim to the table. Does anyone have these measurements?

-Lars

Measure A and B

Comment

If no one steps in I can get you these dimensions tonight
      78 GS1000C- Now sporting 1100E suspension and numerous goodies
      82 GS750E/82 1100E/ GSXR Frankenstein bike completed
      83 1100E "rescue bike" saved from the barn
      2008 Bking - Torque Torque Torque
      Next project slowly coalescing

Comment

Originally posted by bsharpish View Post
        If no one steps in I can get you these dimensions tonight
        Perfect

Comment

All the spokes and both flanges on the hub are identical so basically lace it to the middle. Meaning do the spokes up even. Should be able to wind down the nipples on the spokes till the thread disappears. Then tighten the nipples a bit at a time.

Comment

The hub is central, however the offset you've asked for is - 19.85 on the chain side and 26.85 on the rotor/disk side
            78 GS1000C- Now sporting 1100E suspension and numerous goodies
            82 GS750E/82 1100E/ GSXR Frankenstein bike completed
            83 1100E "rescue bike" saved from the barn
            2008 Bking - Torque Torque Torque
            Next project slowly coalescing

Comment

Thank you very much! The knowledge and helpfulness on this forum is amazing Here's the result:

Comment

This is what I want to do, how wide of a rear tire can the rear hub handle?

Comment

I think it's a matter of how much room there is in the swingarm. I'm going for 150 tyre to limit the number of other changes that has to be done.

Comment

Never have those nuts on the valve stem tight. Best thing is to put the cap on and then do the nut up against the cap. If the tyre slips at least the valve can move before ite get ripped from the tube. And if you ever need the spacer between the disc and hub here are the dimensions.... https://grabcad.com/library/suzuki-g...wheel-spacer-1 Some models require it. Alse you have to bash/compress/cutout the rear of the brake caliper stay to allow for clearance. I have only a 140 on mine and thats the only mod. Tried a 150 and it was running too close to the 630 chain
                    Last edited by Guest; 02-09-2017, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
                      X