1978 Gs 750e Rear Caliper Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1978 Gs 750e Rear Caliper Conversion

Hi! I accidentally broke off my bleeder valves and attempted to drill them out with left hand drill bits, but it failed. It was time for a new rear brake anyways. I'm looking at aftermarket calipers, but i don't know how the sizing works for them, or would it be better to buy a used OEM one off of ebay just to be safe. Stock wheel and brake rotors(size).

Would something similar to http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-34mm-Mot...3D310868084789 work?

Thanks!

The one you've listed is for an ATV - they will have smaller diameter discs so the pads probably wont line up to your larger GS disc....plus the mount hole spacings will probably be off.....plus the pads will probably bee to thick and wont fit over your disc.

Best get an OEM one - even a second hand caliper will be OK because you can swap in your piston or whichever is in better condition.
    Current:
    Z1300A5 Locomotive (swapped my Intruder for it), GS450 Cafe Project (might never finish it....), XT500 Commuter (I know - it's a Yamaha )

Past:
    VL1500 Intruder (swapped for Z1300), ZX9R Streetfighter (lets face it - too fast....), 1984 GSX750EF, 1984 GSX1100EF (AKA GS1150)
    And a bunch of other crap Yamahas....

Comment

Working...
    X