Gs750 Swinger swap (need exact sizes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs750 Swinger swap (need exact sizes)

Im looking to do an 1100 gsxr swap, already have modified the bike extensively

need the EXACT bearing sizes/ swing arm pivot bolt size on my 1978 gs750 so i can figure out what to buy (1100 swing arm or bandit 1200) bearings or bearing adapters
    also going to do a gsxr front end swap so i could use the bearing size in the steering stem as well

Any other helpful info would be appreciated, looking for gsxr 1100 engine/carbs and swingarms to do a 160 tire/ random swap parts like brake caliper as well

unnamed t.jpg

The less painful swap is the '82 1100E aluminum arm. But there's some work involved. Longer arm so longer chain needed, 14mm pivot bolt to 16mm - which means reaming the frame (DANGER ,DANGER) or custom bearings. You'll need spacers to center the rear wheel as well.
    -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

I had the frame reamed from 14mm pivot pin to 16mm on my 750-1100 conversion - worked out fine

1100E alloy arm will be easier and will take a 5.5" rear rim with a little tweaking and easily swallow a 4.5" rim with 160 tire

I happen to have an 1100K motor - (runs fine) loom, oil cooler, CDI, clocks, 4:1 exhaust - EVERYTHING except the carbs
      also got -

4.5" rear rim with brand new pirelli tire, rotor, cush drive and hub
      front rim to match with rotors

But I'm in texas and you are about 900 miles away !!
      78 GS1000C- Now sporting 1100E suspension and numerous goodies
      82 GS750E/82 1100E/ GSXR Frankenstein bike completed
      83 1100E "rescue bike" saved from the barn
      2008 Bking - Torque Torque Torque
      Next project slowly coalescing

Comment

how much for the Motor? if we can figure out a way to ship it id be interested in it

Comment

Working...
        X