Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can any help me identify this swing arm and front shocks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can any help me identify this swing arm and front shocks.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

I recently purchased an 82 gs1100e. I am trying to figure out what the front shocks and rear swing arm are from. I attached a link to some pictures.

Swingarm is a custom extended one, forks are 84-85 1150
    The extended arm and the V&H Pro Pipe hint at the mileage being put on 1/4 mile at a time....
    Last edited by bobgroger; 05-08-2017, 03:54 PM.
    sigpic
    09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
    1983 GS1100e
    82\83 1100e Frankenbike
    1980 GS1260
    Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
      Swingarm is a custom extended one, forks are 84-85 1150
      The extended arm and the V&H Pro Pipe hint at the mileage being put on 1/4 mile at a time....
      Thank you for the reply. Yes it was used for drag racing.. as I intend to as well. Engine has been bored and stroked, heads ported, cams, high compression(race fuel only), air shifter and compressor etc.

I was hoping to be able to put wider wheel and tire on the rear.

Are the forks decent? Or should I look to custom fit something else?

I also picked up this chassis as a project for a later date

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Comment

Originally posted by masher81 View Post
        Thank you for the reply. Yes it was used for drag racing.. as I intend to as well. Engine has been bored and stroked, heads ported, cams, high compression(race fuel only), air shifter and compressor etc.

I was hoping to be able to put wider wheel and tire on the rear.

Are the forks decent? Or should I look to custom fit something else?

I also picked up this chassis as a project for a later date

http://imgur.com/a/UrURc
        Cool. Drag racing is a lot of fun. Some guys replace the forks with something shorter and lighter but all you really need is to strap them down to about 2" of travel. I have one of these, bolts right to the top caliper bolt on each side. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NHRA-DRAGBIK...-/150957393181

Hard to tell from the pics, what size tire is there now? I got a 190 on mine with a Bandit swingarm. I haven't yet developed the balls necessary to get a decent launch, the fear of going over is still there but every week is a new opportunity.

sigpic
        09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
        1983 GS1100e
        82\83 1100e Frankenbike
        1980 GS1260
        Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

No fear of blowing fork oil past the seals?
          GSRick
          No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
          Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Bob, I can't remember what is on there at the moment. I will take a look when I get home. I believe the wheels are stock. So I am fairly certain the tire is close to a stock size.

gsrick. What do you mean?

Comment

Bob the rear tire is 150/70/17.14943708745171181702821.jpg

Comment

Working...
              X