Looking for fork damper adjuster knobs gs1100e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for fork damper adjuster knobs gs1100e

Both plastic damper adjuster knobs are broken on my forks on my 82 gs1100e. They are the little plastic knobs located right above the axle that you can adjust from 1-4. I have checked ebay, suzuki parts house, etc and can't find any. Do yall know if;they still make these or do yall make your own? Thanks

Cartridge emulators

Comment

I made my own out of brass bar stock, couldn't find OEM replacements anywhere.

Mark
      1982 GS1100E
      1998 ZX-6R
      2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

Originally posted by mmattockx View Post
        I made my own out of brass bar stock, couldn't find OEM replacements anywhere.

Mark
        That is a good idea. I could take a peice of round stock, cut it to about 5/8" long, drill a hole about 90% the way through, then drill and tap into the side and put an allen set screw. The set screw would hold it nice onto the flat part of the valve shaft. Then, take a number stamp and stamp it 1-4.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul.S View Post
          That is a good idea. I could take a peice of round stock, cut it to about 5/8" long, drill a hole about 90% the way through, then drill and tap into the side and put an allen set screw. The set screw would hold it nice onto the flat part of the valve shaft. Then, take a number stamp and stamp it 1-4.
          I used square stock to have some grip for turning it, but otherwise almost exactly as you describe.

Mark
          1982 GS1100E
          1998 ZX-6R
          2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

Yep, I made my own too...

Cartridge emulators are not the answer - these are rebound adjusters & the circuit still works fine after fitting emulators (emulators work on the compression circuit only).
            1980 GS1000G - Sold
            1978 GS1000E - Finished!
            1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
            1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
            2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
            1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
            2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I just made these. Got some shaft couplers at McMastercarr that allready were drilled/tapped with set-screws. I then cut them down on a lathe to the factory length and stamped 1-4 on them. Note: the left and right knob are clocked differently so pay attention to that. I am now just waiting on some stainless set screws that are long enough to contact the flat spot on the rebound damper adjuster shaft.2017-08-26 22.28.42.jpg

Comment

Working...
              X