GS 1100E front bleeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS 1100E front bleeding

Having a heckuva time bleeding front brakes. Took off wheels and calipers/ brackets for new pads, painting, general cleanup and now the lever is just a little soft. Did the same for the rear and it’s solid as it should be. I followed the service manual procedure for bleeding and they are usable and safe but a touch mushy. Not sure why. Master cylinder and calipers are perfect shape as are hoses. Only thing was taking it apart and reassemble. Gotta be a little bubble somewhere.

Do you still have the anti-dive units plumbed into the system? Are your brake lines the originals?

Mark
    1982 GS1100E
    1998 ZX-6R
    2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

Until your new pads get burnished in to the shape of the disks, it will feel a bit mushy. Try riding with a finger on the brake lever, giving it a light squeeze for about 10 seconds, let it cool off for a minute, repeat. Might have to do this several times, depending on how badly the disks are scored.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Nothing had changed from last week when I pulled the calipers to do some painting. Everything was and is in excellent condition. Hoses are 2 years old,maybe 4,000 miles,I kept my EBC pads because they were not worn, anti dive still connected, I kept bleeding and found a small bubble stream in a banjo. Solid as can be now. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Working...
        X