tubes in mag rims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
    I think these threaded type would be the easiest to adapt...versus the pull-through rubber ones ...
    The pull through style valve stem would be very hard to adapt to our rims as the area where the valve stem sits is not at all the same dimensions as the modern tubeless rims those pull through stems are meant for. I used this stem to convert my GS rims to tubeless:

Purchase the BikeMaster Chrome Tubeless Valve Stem - 151402 at Canada's Motorcycle. Free shipping and Easy returns.

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
    The mystery is, why didn't Suzuki just make their earlier alloy rims tubeless?
    A fine question that I doubt we will ever have an answer for.

Mark
    1982 GS1100E
    1998 ZX-6R
    2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

^^ yup. That's them. They come in two diameters at least so anybody else watch for this before ordering..Measure!.....I think they come longer too? because some of these can be a bit short for some of my air chucks with the nut ..no room for a lock-nut on top (picture above has none) +(depending on the rubber washer placement too they can be turned over to suit better)
      ...I can't remember the '81s' rim (Tubed)valve hole diameter but next time my tires worn out, I will do as you others have and drill it out/reshape the seat to go tubeless in my '81 rims
      Last edited by Gorminrider; 11-26-2018, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X